- When you register, The Indie Writer only collects from you a valid email address that you control. Upon registering, you also provide a chosen first name, a place, something you like doing, an existing website (optional), and other tick-box questions. These are primarily used to embellish your personal profile, and also by The Indie Writer for research purposes. This data will never be shared with any third-parties.
- When you create content on The Indie Writer you do so of your own volition. The Indie Writer does not require you to submit any personal data nor will it process the personal data that might be contained in your posts.
- For creating content, The Indie Writer uses Google Drive (www.google.com/drive). Only subscribers to The Indie Writer (i.e. those who register with an email address) have access to The Indie’s Writer’s Google Drive, and the “community hub” document that links to the Google Drive Blogs of individuals subscribers (users).
- For delivering emails, The Indie Writer uses Email Octopus (www.emailoctopus.com). Your email address may be stored within their servers. The Indie Writer has access to information regarding the delivery and opening activity of those emails through EmailOctopus.
- The Indie Writer, hosted on the Feather platform (www.feather.so) sets cookies for authentication purposes as well as to enable essential functionalities of the platform. The Indie Writer sets up a cookie to mark the user’s session ID, a cookie with the session signature to prevent tampering and a cookie to tell the browser who the current user is. For analytics, The Indie Writer uses Feather (www.Feather.so), the platform on which The Indie Writer website is hosted.
Use of Information
The personal information collected will only be used to provide you the services that you have subscribed to receive from The Indie Writer and to continually enhance your experience on The Indie Writer. Data Retention, Deletion, and Export
- All information collected will be retained only for as long as your account remains in existence.
- If you would like to delete your account and the data associated with it, please write to email@example.com and request for your account to be deleted. Your request will be completed within 30 days of the confirmation of its receipt.
- If you would like to export the content created by you on The Indie Writer, or your list of subscribers on The Indie Writer, you can do so by clicking on File, then Download, and selecting Microsoft Word (.docx) or a file type of your choice. A file with the data will be downloaded to your system.
- If you would like to receive any other data related to your account, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting the same. Your request will be completed within 30 days of the confirmation of its receipt, provided the data requested does not infringe on the privacy of other users.
Questions or Comments